How do I force my printer to clear the queue?
- Select Start.
- Type Command .
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
- Type del %systemroot%/System32/spool/printers/* /Q then press “Enter“.
- Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.
- The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.
Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
An issue most commonly associated with driver or printer cable problems, turning the printer off and on should see this error message disappear. A hardware problem may be the reason the error message persists. Try resetting the printer initially and reinstall the toner cartridge if the problem persists.
How do I fix a print error message?
First, try resetting the printer. Turn the printer off, and then unplug it. Plug the printer back in, and turn it back on again. Resetting the printer is a simple resolution, but it might still be enough to resolve the issue for some users….
Why is my printer giving me an error?
If your printer’s status displays “Printer in error state,” there may be a problem with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
How do I fix a default printer error?
Fix Unable to Set Default Printer Error 0x/b>
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click Devices.
- Now from the left-hand menu select Printers & scanners. Advertisement.
- Disable the toggle under “Let Windows manage my default printer. “
- Close everything and reboot your PC.
How do you troubleshoot a network printer?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device.
- Restart your PC.
Why are my documents not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.