How do you get advice on LinkedIn?
Join mentorship-based LinkedIn Groups on LinkedIn by searching for relevant keywords, for example, “mentorship, community or advice”. Send connection requests to potential mentors or mentees and include a note in your invitation mentioning your requirements.
How do I ask a question on LinkedIn?
Follow these five rules, and you’ll be on your way to turning your LinkedIn connections into the job or internship of your dreams!
- Put Your “Ask” in the Subject Line.
- Be as Specific as Humanly Possible.
- Make it Easy to Get to “Know” You.
- Make it Easy to Forward Your Info.
- Let Them Know if Someone Reaches Out to You.
How do I get a job advice on LinkedIn?
To enable Offering career guidance:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click the Add profile section button to the right of your profile photo.
- Click Offer career guidance.
- Provide the requested information in the pop-up window that appears.
- Click Add to profile.
How do I hire a career coach?
The best way to find a career coach is through word of mouth and referrals from friends, but you can also find great coaches online, such as through LinkedIn. “A career coach is not always easy to find,” said Bitte. “A referral would be [best] … but that’s not always an option.
How do you find a mentor on LinkedIn?
The social platform’s support team suggests using hashtags such as #OfferHelp, #Careeradvice, or #Mentorship. Join mentorship groups on LinkedIn. You can find these groups by using the previously mentioned hashtags, or by doing searches in LinkedIn using other relevant words such as “community” or “advice.”
How do I approach a mentor?
How to ask someone to mentor you
- Schedule an initial conversation.
- Clearly describe the guidance you’re seeking (The Ask).
- Confirm your willingness to do the necessary work and follow-through.
- Acknowledge and respect the individual’s time.
- Note: If you don’t hear from them, follow-up, but don’t hound him or her.
How do I ask for a higher salary?
Salary Negotiation Tips 21-31 Making the Ask
- Put Your Number Out First.
- Ask for More Than What You Want.
- Don’t Use a Range.
- Be Kind But Firm.
- Focus on Market Value.
- Prioritize Your Requests.
- But Don’t Mention Personal Needs.
- Ask for Advice.