- Why is backing up my iPhone taking forever?
- How can I speed up my iPhone iCloud backup?
- Is buying more iCloud storage worth it?
- Will deleting backup delete everything?
- Will deleting iCloud backup delete contacts?
- Should I delete old iPhone backups?
- How do I clean out my iCloud storage on my iPhone?
- How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete from iPhone?
Why is backing up my iPhone taking forever?
There are a couple of reasons why your iPhone backup taking forever. Too many data-heavy apps. Too many media files like photos, videos, and so on. The initial backup of a new device will take considerably longer than future backups.
How can I speed up my iPhone iCloud backup?
How to speed up a slow iPhone backup or iCloud backup
- Delete old unused apps that have a lot of app data.
- Remove unused media from iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Move your photos to your computer — or to iCloud Photo Library.
- Create regular iTunes or iCloud backups.
- Avoid sending crash reports to Apple every iTunes sync.
- Ensure you’re using the right connection.
Is buying more iCloud storage worth it?
I love Apple products, but there’s no other way to put this: In most cases, buying iCloud Storage is unnecessary and you should never pay for it. In 99% of cases, you don’t have to pay any extra money to fully back up your iPhone and iPad.
Will deleting backup delete everything?
A: The short answer is no—deleting your old iPhone backup from iCloud is completely safe and won’t affect any of the data on your actual iPhone. In fact, even deleting the backup of your current iPhone won’t have any impact on what’s actually on your device.
Will deleting iCloud backup delete contacts?
You can safely delete your backup from iCloud. To do this, go into Settings → Your Profile → iCloud → iCloud Backup and turn the switch to Off to disable iCloud Backups. This will only delete your iPhone backup from iCloud. It will NOT delete your iCloud contacts and calendars.
Should I delete old iPhone backups?
After backing it up successfully, you can delete your old backups from your account, freeing up space to back up to iCloud again. The only reason you would want to keep old backups is if you still needed to restore some of the data from them to your device. It won’t do anything to the data on the data on your phone.
How do I clean out my iCloud storage on my iPhone?
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
- Tap Manage Storage > Backups.
- Tap the name of the device whose backup you’d like to delete.
- Tap Delete Backup > Turn Off & Delete.
How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete from iPhone?
How to Delete Photos from iPhone but Not iCloud
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- [your name] and choose iCloud.
- Tap on “Photos”.
- Turn off “iCloud Photo”.
- Now, you can delete photos from your iPhone.